The General Overseer of the Perez Chapel, Bishop Charles Agyinasare, has enumerated 10 crucial things the governing New Patriotic Party (NPP) and the opposition National Democratic Congress (NDC) should commit to, ahead of the December polls.
Delivering a sermon on Sunday, August 2, 2020, as part of the series on National Transformation, Bishop Agyinasare said these commitments when carried out, will be in the interest of the people.
According to him, the campaign of the two major political parties must be people-oriented in order for the parties to obtain the votes of electorates.
The two contending parties, he stated, must commit to;
- Deliver to us a civil service that is non-partisan and will not be afraid when government change.
2. Complete and utilise projects started by previous government.
3. “Tribal politics will not be upheld.
4. The government will not spend our money recklessly by incurring judgement debts and excessive borrowing.
5. Politicians will not have different rules applied to them than the citizens
6. The team will not insult their opponents.
7. The one that wins will be swift to fight corruption.
8. The political class will not sideline other pillars of the society.
9. They will ensure that our democracy will allow us freedom of speech.
10. Whoever is in power will allow strong opposition TV and radio stations because without strong opposition we are a one-party state.